Sewing 104: Understanding and Using Commercial and PDF Sewing Patterns
Instructor Jamie Hevener will show you how to understand and use commercial PDF patterns and printed patterns covering these topics:
- Choosing and preparing fabric
- Size charts and flats vs. photo images
- Grainline importance and bias cutting
- Marking, pinning and tailor’s tacks for precision
- The right tools for stitching, pinning and cutting
- Changing pattern dimension (grading) to a larger or small size
You will leave ready to become a more independent sewist and ready to join our Intermediate classes!
Bring your patterns and questions you've been wondering about!
February 26 from 6-8pm,
April 28 from 1-3pm,
May 3 from 6-8pm,
June 6 from 6-8pm,
June 8 from 10am- noon
No supplies required.