Crossback Swing Top w/ Back Underlay
Skill Level: Beginner
Pre-requisite: You & Your Machine: Introduction, or equivalent experience.
Make this simple top in lightweight fabrics for spring and summer or heavier weight knit for winter layering. Optional sleeve - can be made with short, long or ¾ length sleeves. Learn sewing language, symbols and how to follow pattern instructions to make this versatile top. Choice of fabric makes the mood of this garment - Layer sheer knits over each other, use stretch velvet, rayon, lawn, etc. Any fabric with a soft drape works well for this pattern. The optional split back w/underlay can be made of contrasting or main fabric. Length options: Shirt or tunic length.
You’ll Learn To:
- Read and use a sewing pattern;
- Select size combinations for your body;
- Lay out pattern and cut fabric;
- Sew seams;
- Check and correct fit during the sewing process;
- Finish neck and armhole openings with a band of fabric;
- Straight Stitch machine hem (or hand hem if formal garment).
- Yardage to fit your size and choice of style (see chart in class images)
- All purpose thread to match the fabric;
- General scissors for snipping threads and fabric shears for cutting pattern fabric;
- Chalk or pencil for marking fabric (average chalk and pencil are fine);
Instructor: Carol Zamonski
Make this versatile top in shirt or tunic length in knit or light weight woven fabrics. Optional crossed back and underlay add interest. Great Beginner project.
March 9, 10am-1pm or May 23 from 7-9pm